Just less than 500 days to the kickoff of the world's sporting fiesta, the Football World Cup, the official poster for the 2014 World Cup has been released and it’s as bright and lively as the carnival-loving country itself.
Designed by the Crama agency, it shows a map of Brazil between two players challenging for a ball. The official poster is an important step to showcase Brazil and the FIFA World Cup in the host country and abroad, said Samba legend Ronaldo
It is important to convey the message of a country that is modern, innovative, sustainable, happy, united and, of course, passionate about football. The winning poster was chosen over two others by a panel including Ronaldo, former player Bebeto, artist Romero Britto and Brazilian culture minister Marta Suplicy.
Brazil’s 12 host cities released their individual posters in November. The country has chosen an armadillo named Fuleco as the official mascot. The presentation was meant to have taken place last Monday, 500 days before the tournament kicks off.
But the ceremony was delayed because of the tragic nightclub inferno in Santa Maria that killed 235 people.
Latest from David Isabirye
- Uganda Wins 2015 Zone VI Golf Championship
- USPA President Muwanga Urges Government To Boost Budgetary Allocations
- Troubled Kira Young lose again to Bul F.C | Uganda Premier League
- Soana F.C dim Bright Stars illumination | Uganda Premier League
- Maiden Airtel Afrika Mashariki Fest Half Marathon Launched