Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) president has announced he won’t contest the presidency for the third time Kawowo Sports has learnt.
Mulindwa revealed this to the FUFA executive members at the federation offices in Mengo on Monday in a secret meeting.
Impeccable sources that attended the meeting further intimated that the president didn’t reveal any reasons why he wasn’t seeking re-election for the August 31 elections yet he had earlier declared his intentions to stand.
Most of the members pleaded with him to rescind his decision but the St. Mary’s Kitende proprietor who assumed power in 2005 rejected their pleas and promised to stand by whoever was willing to contest amongst them.
At the same meeting, the source further reveals that Mulindwa asked Fufa Vice Presidents in charge of Finance and the Super League; Anthony Kimuli and Mujib Kasule to contest but both turned the opportunity down.
Though Mulindwa has not revealed to his executive why he decided not to contest, inside reports say that following the unending wrangles in Ugandan football that reached climax with the running of two leagues last season, government intends to solve the impasse by installing a normalization committee in July.
This added to the yet to be resolved legal issue of FUFA has forced the president to make this early announcement to avoid repercussions.
This could neither be confirmed or denied though but it should be noted that when former FUFA lawyer Muhammad Bazirengedde resigned a few weeks ago, he hinted at the tampering of the constitution by inserting the controversial ‘transitional clause’ and also confirmed the existence of FUFA Ltd a company which is against the 1964 National Council of Sports act that bars national sports associations from turning into private companies.
As usual Kawowo Sports will keep you posted on the development.
- Victoria University humiliate Nyarusiza F.C 5-0 | Uganda Cup
- AZAM Vs Super Sport | FUFA Finally Breaks Silence on League Live Broadcast
- SuperSport reacts to FUFA – Azam League Broadcast Deal
- Dalumba F.C ejects Kyokeza F.C | Uganda Cup 2015
- DAVID ISABIRYE: Santa Claus Wishes For Ugandan Sports come 2015.
Latest from Ismael Kiyonga
- Renewal of acquaintances as KCC host Express | Uganda Premier League
- KPL Weekend Review: Gor stay top, Thika hits Nkata’s City Stars
- Wasswa strike gives KCC first leg advantage | Uganda Cup
- Vipers edge KCC to maintain table lead
- UPL Title Run In: Who amongst the three title contenders has the easiest fixture?