Football Kenya Football (FKF) has announced that this year's Cecafa Senior Challenge Cup will be held from November 27 to December 12 in Kenya.
In a statement released on October 1, the Kenyan FA also went on to reveal the match venues in what was the first meeting held by the Local Organizing Committee.
“The tournament is set to kicks off from 27th Nov-12th Dec 2013 in four venues-Nairobi, Kisumu, Mumias, Nakuru while Mombasa will be confirmed only if the Municipal Stadium will be ready in time,” read part of the statement.
At the meeting attended by FKF boss Sam Nyamweya, Cecafa General Secretary Nicholas Musonye and Gabriel Komora; the Sports Stadia CEO among others, 12 teams have confirmed participation in the tournament and these are hosts Kenya, reigning Champions Uganda and last year’s semi-finalists Tanzania. Others are Rwanda, Sudan, Burundi, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Zanzibar and Somalia.
It was also confirmed that two guest teams will participate in the tournament and with Malawi, Zambia and Cote d'Ivoire the nations from which the two will be picked.
Caf President Issa Hayatou is set to grace the event.
Kenya last hosted the competition in 2009
Latest from Ismael Kiyonga
- Moses Golola breaks ground on his 3bn Sports Academy
- Victor Emenayo signs for Sadolin Paints
- Avram Grant names squad to face Rwanda | 2017 AFCON Qualifiers
- Orlando Pirates is one of the biggest clubs in Africa – Yassar Mugerwa
- KPL Weekend Review: Walusimbi nets double as Gor beat Bandari, AFC Leopards lose again