The South Africa Premier league (PSL) came to conclusion over the weekend but the highlights of the campaign’s closure saw the Ugandan trio put up gallant performances in season enders as Kawowo Sports’ Ismael Kiyonga writes
Bukenya wins Man of the Match Award:
Ex-Proline FC defender Ivan Bukenya was voted Absa Premiership Man of the Match as Kaizer Chiefs beat Amazulu FC 3-0 to cement second position on the log.
Bukenya put up a stellar performance to ensure the Amakhosi didn’t concede and despite playing a few games in the campaign, his showcased that he can be a pillar in defence come next season.
Geoffrey Massa nets winner:
Uganda Cranes net buster Geoffrey Massa was the hero for Pretoria University as they ended the campaign with a 1-0 victory over Mpumalanga Black Aces.
The ex-Police FC striker struck the only goal of the game in the 51st minute but was later withdrawn after suffering an injury. Massa’s goal was 6th of the campaign and finishes as the club’s second top scorer a goal less leader Atusaye Nyondo.
Denis Onyango keeps a clean sheet:
Uganda Cranes number one goalie was between the sticks as Bidvest Wits beat Bloemfontein Celtic 1-0 to end the season on high.
The ex-SC Villa goalie was however withdrawn in the 73rd minute for Josephs Moneb after suffering an injury.
Calvin Kadi scored the only goal for Bidvest.
Latest from Ismael Kiyonga
- No change as Mutebi, Ssimbwa name team to face Azam | 2015 CECAFA Kagame Cup
- KCC, Azam clash for spot in the finals | 2015 CECAFA Kagame Cup
- Titanic battle as Khartoum takes on Gor Mahia in Kagame Cup semis
- Azam won’t wire Sponsorship money to FUFA accounts – Rhys Torrington
- KCC Player Ratings: Al Shandy 0-3 KCC FC | 2015 CECAFA Kagame Cup