The weekend York Rally; the third round of the Africa Rally Championship will feature fewer championship drivers.
Only six crews will compete in the round that revs off on Friday in South Africa.
Jaspreet Chatthe, Leroy Gomes, Kleevan Gomes, Richard Leeke, Ismail Shermohamed and Japie Van Niekerk will be fighting for championship points.
Championship leader Carl Tundo will miss out while 2016 ARC champion Don Smith pulled out after breaking his leg.
2015 ARC champion Jaspreet Chatthe is however tipped for the ARC win considering his experience and last participation in the same event.
The Kenyan finished sixth overall in the 2015 South Africa rally.
Tanzania’s Ismail Shermohamed will be looking for his first ever ARC points this year in a Toyota Yaris S2000. The Zambian brothers will as well be making their debut in the rally.
The York Rally consists of 14 stages running over 205.31kilometres.
ARC standings after round two
1. Carlo Tundo/Tim Jessop 25 points
2. Jaspreet Chatthe/Gurdeep Paneser 18 points
3. Manvir Baryan/Drew Sturtock 15 points
4. Valery Bukera/Nital Khetia 12 points
5. Muna Singh/Zunaid Khan 10 points
6. Leroy Gomes/Urhlla Gomes 8 points
7. Piero Cannobio/Thabith Khandwala 6 points
8. Kleevan Gomes/Eric Small 4points
9. Natasha Tundo/Chantal Young 2points
10. Kepher Walubi/Susan Kalema 1point