Manvir Baryan and Drew Sturrock registered their second career win in Saturday’s RSC rally.
The Multiple rally team crew closed in on victory after teammate Tapio Laukkanen suffered mechanical issues that forced him out of the rally in stage six despite an impressive show.
Cruising a Skoda Fabia RS, Baryan posted the fasted time of 1hr, 27minutes, 28seconds.
“It’s quite a good feeling winning my second career event on an event that saw many front runners caught out by blind ditches and the rockery.
“The rally was rough so we were not pushing as hard. Even when we saw Tapio packed up by the roadside it didn’t change our strategy as I knew I had to drive with my head,” said Baryan.
The ARC contender now heads for the ARC battle this month in Uganda with a lot of confidence.
Baldev Charger in his Mitsubishi Evo X settled for the second position.
In third was Karan Patel followed by Ian Duncan and Farhaaz Khan in fourth and fifth respectively.
The day one event registered a series of casualties including Jaspreet Chatthe, Carlo Tundo, Onkar Rai among others made the retirements list.
RSC rally top ten finishers
1. Manvir Baryan/Drew Sturrock 1:27.28
2. Baldev Chager/Ravi Soni 1:28.11
3. Karan Patel/James Mwangi 1:35.28
4. Ian Duncan/Amaar Slatch 1:37:44
5. Farhaaz Khan/Keith Henrie 1:38.55
6. Eric Bengi/Tuta Mionki 1:40.43
7. Raaji Bharij/Rajey Sehmi 1:42.17
8. Mahesh Halai/Ketan Halai 1:43.10
9. Jonathan Somen/Richard Hechle 1:44.31
10. Jasmeet Chana/ Ravi Chana 1:45.28