The Uganda Golf team to the 2017 East African Golf Challenge tournament has missed their initial flight to Dar es Salaam.
The team had been booked on Kenya Airways on flight KQ 413 for the 1:25 p.m departure but by 1 p.m, the group had not yet checked in and thus could not access their boarding passes.
Kawowo Sports has established that the delay could have come because of the late processing of two yellow fever cards for head coach Amos Kamya and senior player Stephen Kasaija.
By half past noon, Kamya and Kasaija were still processing their updated yellow fever cards at the Entebbe airport.
Team manager Oscar Ssemawere who was moving up and down to forge a way forward could not be easily available for a comment.
By the time of publishing this report, the team was still stranded at Entebbe International Airport.
South African based duo of Ronald Otile and Daniel Baguma will connect straight to Tanzania.
The official practice round is set for Wednesday morning.
Hosts Tanzania are joined by Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and horn of Africa country Ethiopia at the championship.
Uganda is the reigning champion after successfully defending their title in Ethiopia last year.
Uganda also won the 2015 edition in Rwanda and previously in 2014 at the Entebbe Golf Club course.
- Becca Mwanja (Captain), Ronald Rugumayo, Adolf Muhumuza, Richard Baguma, David Kamulindwa, Stephen Kasaija, Ronald Otile, Daniel Baguma
- Head coach: Amos Kamya
- Team manager: Oscar Ssemawere
- Tuesday, 22nd August 2017: Arrival of Teams
- Wednesday, 23rd August 2017: Official Practice Round (8 a.m), Team managers’ meeting (2 p.m), Flag Raising ceremony (4 p.m), Welcoming Cocktail party (5:30 p.m)
- Thursday, 24th August 2017: Singles (7 a.m), East Africa Golf Federation Meeting (11 a.m)
- Friday, 25th August 2017: Foursomes (7 a.m), Four Ball Better ball (12:30 p.m)
- Saturday, 26th August 2017: Singles (7 a.m), Flag Lowering Ceremony (4:30 a.m), Official Dinner & Prize Giving (7 p.m)
- Sunday, 27th August 2017: Departure of visiting teams (Morning)