The Uganda Lady Cranes conducted a recovery session after arriving in Tunisia on Thursday ahead of the 2017 Rugby Africa Women’s 7s.
The team settled in for the night at Hotel Delphin El Habib before embarking on two training matches against Madagascar (no tackling – touch and ruck) that allowed the team to iron out aspects of their game and gel.
Cranes wound up its rugby day with a video session after lunch. They checked in at Entebbe Airport on Wednesday night, boarded, got a break in Instabul, Turkey and later connected to Tunisia.
The squad will participate in the will participate in the Rugby Africa – Women ‘s 7s tournament in Jemmel, opening with matches against Tunisia, Morocco and South Africa.
The tournament will double as the World Cup qualifiers and the Commonwealth Games qualifiers with the top 2 Commonwealth countries qualifying for the Commonwealth Games while the overall winner of the tournament will qualify for the World Cup.
Uganda is seeded in pool A with tournament hosts, Tunisia, as well as defending champions, South Africa, and bottom seeds, Morocco.
1. Charlotte Thereza Mudoola – captain (Black Panthers)
2. Nakityo Aisha Nabulime – assistant captain (Thunderbirds)
3. *Emilly Lekuru (Walukuba Titans)
4. *Flavia Agenorwot (Kitgum Queens)
5. Gilder Azikuru (Walukuba Titans)
6. Grace Auma (Walukuba Titans)
7. *Immaculate Mufuwa (Walukuba Titans)
8. Juliet Nandawula (Entebbe Ladies)
9. *Justine Yolanda Namagembe (Entebbe Ladies)
10. *Peace Lekuru (Entebbe Ladies)
11. Peace Wokorach Walukuba Titans)
12. Samiya Ayikoru (Thunderbirds)
Head coach – Helen Koyokoyo Buteme
Team manager – Regina Hellen Okoit Lunyolo
Team physiotherapist – Nelson Mayeku
*debut for Uganda 7s
Day 1 fixtures for Uganda
9.22am: Uganda versus Tunisia
11.20am: Uganda versus Morocco
12.56pm: South Africa versus Uganda