Thursday February 15, 2018
- KCCA Vs SC Villa – StarTimes Stadium, Lugogo 4pm
KCCA and SC Villa face off in a game that could be a premier league title decider on Thursday.
Wasswa Bbosa’s SC Villa lead their rivals by four points heading into the clash at StarTimes stadium, Lugogo with the Kasasiro eager to close the gap to one with a game in hand.
A win for Jogoos on KCCA’s turf would guarantee the League leaders a seven-point gap over their rivals after just 17 games, but victory for Mike Mutebi’s men could blow the title race wide open with Vipers also closing in.
Muzamiru Mutyaba remains out and could be joined on the sidelines by striker Derrick Nsibambi and midfielder Julius Poloto while Patrick Kaddu is a doubt following a malaria bout that prevented him from featuring against CNaPS Sport.
Good news though at Lugogo is the return of midfield gem Jackson Nunda who is likely to fill Mutyaba void.
SC Villa has no injury worries but they are without former KCCA attacker, Martin Kizza who is serving a match ban for three accumulated yellow cards.
What they say
Mike Mutebi (KCCA Coach)
We are playing a big and an on form side but I have prepared my boys to overcome any kind of situation.
We are aware that a win takes us close to them so we can’t afford to error on the day.
Paul Mukatabala (SC Villa Assistant Coach)
A difficult game as all derbies are. But the beauty of such games is that players are always motivated for such encounters and as a coach, that bit of the job is already taken care of.
With all the other teams in pursuit especially Vipers SC getting a positive result yesterday, and closing the points gap on us, this fixture takes on even more importance for us to come away with at least something in our bag.
A tight affair, but we go to Lugogo believing in ourselves, especially in the manner in which we got the victory over KCCA FC in the first round game.
- KCCA have never lost a home game to SC Villa at StarTimes stadium, Lugogo – won 3, drew 1 in four encounters at the venue.
- KCCA hold the edge over SC Villa in the previous 15 meetings – 5 wins, 2 Losses and 8 draws
- SC Villa’s 2-1 win over KCCA at Masaka was the first for the Jogoos since Mike Mutebi masterminded a 2-0 victory over the Kasasiro while at Villa in 2012.
- The hosts have scored the most number of goals (28) at the moment in league while SC Villa have the meanest defence – only 6 goals conceded.
KCCA: Charles Lukwago (GK), Filbert Obenchan, Habib Kavuma, Timothy Awany, Mustafa Kizza, Isaac Kirabira, Lawrence Bukenya, Allan Okello, Jackson Nunda, Muhammad Shaban and Paul Mucureezi.
SC Villa: Samson Kirya (GK), Joseph Nsubuga, Bernard Muwanga, Henry Katongole, John Adriko, Nicholas Kasozi, Abel Eturude, Allan Kyambadde, Godfrey Lwesibawa, Alex Kitaata and Simon Sserunkuma.