CAF Confederation Cup:
1st Round (1st Leg): Wednesday, 7 March 2018
- Simba (Tanzania) vs El Masry (Egypt)
- At the Dar es salaam National Stadium (4:00 pm)
Tanzania Premier League club Simba SC head coach Pierre Lechantre is a respectable, knowledgeable and very experienced football coach on the African continent.
Lechantre, best remembered for guiding Cameroon to the 2010 AFCON title is now handling club football business, months after he lost his job at Congo national team.
Simba is due to face Egyptian opposition El Masry in the first leg of the CAF Confederation Cup on Wednesday at the National Stadium in Dar es salaam.
Lechantre believes El Masry only has to be respected because of the club’s legacy and that of Egypt as a country.
Addressing the media at the Tanzania Football Federation offices at Karume in Dar es Salaam, he noted;
I know the level of Egypt as a country. Their national team has qualified to the World Cup. We shall play against a strong side, but Simba plays better football.
His only worry however, is the timing, coming after Simba’s absence on the continent in the recent past;
Because we have not played for a long time on the continent, it will be a test for us.
If we have a bonus of qualification, we shall give our best. We shall be playing against history.
The coach kept the starting team to close to his chest after a couple of journalist inquired about the availability of lead striker Emmanuel Arnold Okwi and captain John Raphaeal Bocco.
All the players are good and the better thing is that they are fighting players.
Team captain Bocco assured the home fans of a great perfomance than the 3 all draw with Stand United the previous week.
We shall give our opponents a good run of their money. We are at home and sure of the massive support. We vow to clean the mistakes from the previous league match.
On Wednesday, there will be a couple of other CAF matches in the Confederation Cup and Champions League competitions.
Other Games on Wednesday
- Costa Do Sol (Mozambique) vs Cape Town (South Africa)
- Energie (Benin) vs Enyimba (Nigeria)
- Djoliba (Mali) vs APR (Rwanda)
- Port Louis (Mauritius) vs FOSA Junior (Madagascar)
- AS Maniema (DR Congo) vs USM Alger (Algeria)
- Olympic (Burundi) vs Hilal Obied (Sudan)
- Al Ittihad (Libya) vs Akwa United (Nigeria)
- CARA (Congo) vs US Ben Guerdane (Tunisia)
- Wolaitta Dicha (Ethiopia) vs Zamalek (Egypt)