Vipers Sports Club head coach Jorge da Costa and goalkeeper James Alitho have been banned for four matches each by the FUFA Competitions Disciplinary Panel.
The sanctions for the pair arise from their reported misconduct during the Uganda Premier League game against Bul Football Club that ended in a goalless draw at Kakindu.
Basing on both reports from the Centre referee and the match assessor;
- Vipers SC failed to produce the licenses during the said match for inspection as perarticle 26J of FUFA Competitions rules 201211A.
- Player shirt No. 25 Alitho James of Vipers SC insulted and abused the 1’t assistant,Okello Lee.
- Vipers SC CEO, Peter Lwanga confronted, threatened and attacked the matchreferee
- Vipers SC Head Coach Jorge Da Costa confronted and attacked the Centre referee.
The panel also points out that there will not be any sanctions on Vipers as regards their failure to produce player licenses for the match, since Vipers had reported to Police the loss of their licenses within the stipulated time.
1. According to the FUFA Competitions Rules 2017/18, Article 26.4(i) Vipers SC reported the case of loss of licenses to police and presented the matter to the TOC for action within the required time and therefore Vipers SC in this case fulfilled this requirement and has no case and the results remain 00-00.
2. Player shirt No. 25 Alitho James of Vipers SC is banned for four competition matches for unsporting conduct towards a match official as per article 30.8 (iii) of the FUFA Competitions rules 2017/18.
3. Mr Jorge Da Costa, the coach of Vipers SC is suspended for four competition matches for unsporting behavior towards a match official as per Article 30.S (iii) of the FUFA competition rules 2017/18 for violating article 30.2 of FUFA Competitions rules 2017118.
4. Mr Lwanga Peter the Vipers SC CEO is fined 1,000,000 (One Million shillings) for violating article 30.2 of FUFA Competitions rules 2017/18. The CDP may revise the fine amount upwards if not paid by 26th April 2018.
If they don’t appeal, Da Costa and Alitho will miss matches against Masavu, KCCA, Proline and Police.