Uganda Cup (Quarter-final): Kitara 0-1 KCCA
KCCA’s upcoming League Matches:
- Tuesday, 24th April 2018: KCCA Vs URA – Star Times Stadium, Lugogo
- Friday, 27th April 2018: Vipers Vs KCCA – St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Football Club manager Mike Hilary Mutebi hailed his team’s commitment towards ensuring a semi final berth for the Stanbic Uganda Cup.
The Kasasiro lads won 1-0 away to FUFA Big league outfit, Kitara at a fully packed Boma play ground in Hoima.
Sharp forward Muhammed ‘Deldon Jaggarson’ Shaban was well positioned to nod home past goalkeeper Jamil Kiyimba as early as the 10th minute off a telling cross from Denis Okot Oola on the right.
Mutebi, speaking to the media moments after the game picked out the positives from the slim win and hinted on the upcoming busy week for the club against URA (home) and Vipers (away) on Tuesday and Friday respectively.
It is good we have won and progressed to the Stanbic Uganda Cup semi finals. This is no mean feat. This is good preparation for the players ahead of the upcoming matches in the league this week.
Mutebi laments the goal scoring problem at the club of late. He seeks quick answers in equal measure;
We try as much as possible to create the goals but goal scoring still eludes us. The problem needs to get quick answers but we shall continue to rely on those one or two odd goals from the forwards we have Shaban, Kaddu (Patrick) and Derrick (Nsibambi).
Mutebi heaped praise on midfielder Solomon Okwalinga, who was introduced in the second half for an injured Muhammed Shaban;
Okwalinga is one player who use a lot for such cup matches. He came on stabilized the game.
Striker Nsibambi missed the match as he continues to recover from injury.
Senior players Muzamiru Mutyaba and Saddam Juma also missed the match through different ailments.
On form goalkeeper Charles Lukwago did not make the traveling 18 man team because his understudies Tom Ikara and Jamil Maliyamungu are normally prefered in this knock out competition for the much craved for playing team.
The teenage pair of Julius Poloto and Allan Okello were away with the Uganda U-20 team against South Sudan also missed the game.
Okello scored the third goal to add onto Steven Dese Mukwala’s brace as Uganda triumphed 3-0 on the day (8-1 on aggregate).
KCCA is seeking for a second successive double after last season’s heroics.
KCCA XI Vs Kitara:
Tom Ikara (G.K), Fillbert Obenchan, Timothy Awany (Captain), Denis Okot Oola, Hassan Musana, Paul Musamali, Lawrence Bukenya, Paul Mucureezi, Jackson Nunda, Patrick Kaddu, Muhammed Shaban (54′ Solomon Okwalinga)
Substitutes Not Used: Jamil Maliyamungu (G.K), Isaac Kirabira, Habib Kavuma, Ibrahim Wamannah
Week 26 Uganda Premier League Fixtures:
Tuesday, 24th April 2018:
- KCCA Vs URA – Star Times Stadium, Lugogo
- UPDF Vs BUL – Bombo Barracks Grounds
- Soana Vs Proline – Kavumba Recreational Centre
- Vipers Vs Masavu – St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende
Friday, 27th April 2018:
- Vipers Vs KCCA – St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende
- Police Vs Onduparaka – Mandela National Stadium, Namboole
Saturday, 28th April 2018:
- Kirinya-Jinja S.S Vs Bright Stars – Bugembe Stadium, Jinja
- Mbarara City Vs SC Villa Jogoo – Kakyeka Stadium, Mbarara
- Nelson Senkatuka (12 Goals) – Bright Stars
- Daniel Muzeyi Sserunkuma (11 Goals) – Vipers
- Martin Kizza (9 Goals) – Sports Club Villa Jogoo
- Milton Karisa (8 Goals) – Vipers Sports Club
- Musa Esenu (8 Goals) – Kirinya-Jinja S.S
- Fred Amaku (8 Goals) – Kirinya-Jinja S.S
- Muhammad Shaban (7 Goals) – KCCA
- Hood Kaweesa (7 Goals) – Police (Now in Buildcon, Zambia)