U-17 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers (CECAFA Region):
- 11th – 26th August 2018
*To be hosted by Tanzania (National Stadium & Chamazi Stadia)
When the Uganda national U-17 team takes to the field of play in their first game against Ethiopia on Sunday, 12th August 2018, three players will not be part of the match day squad and the rest of the Africa cup of nation (CECAFA regional) qualifiers.
Midfielder Elvis Ngondwe, goalkeeper George Oluka and defender Joseph Kafumbe did not make the grade after failing the required Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) tests, the mandatory check up for all the players who are to play in their respective teams.
Despite having played for team Uganda at the recently concluded CECAFA U-17 championship hosted by Burundi in April, Oluka and Kafumbe did not skip the test this time round.
Uganda is in group B alongside Ethiopia, Djibouti, South Sudan and Kenya.
The tournament kickoffs on Saturday with a double header between Rwanda against Sudan as well as hosts Tanzania facing Burundi.
The winner will represent CECAFA region at the U17 Africa Cup of Nations.
Ten countries will tussle out for the available one CECAFA slot in the qualifiers of the U-17 Africa Cup of Nations.
Hosts Tanzania will be joined by Rwanda, Burundi, Somalia and Sudan in group A.
The cecafa regional qualifiers will climax on Sunday, 26th August 2018 at the National stadium in Dar es salaam.
- Goal Keepers: Daniel Semwogere (UPDF JT FC), Delton Oyo (KJSSS FC JT)
- Defenders: Kevin Ssekimbegga (Buddo SS), Samson Kasozi (Bright Stars FC JT, Gavin Kizito Mugweri (SC Villa), John Rogers (Onduparaka FC JT), Juma Ibrahim (KCCA SA), Ibrahim Ekolot (Bright Stars FC JT)
- Midfielders: Davis Ssekajja (Bright Stars FC JT), Yasin Abdul Owane (Rock High School), Polycarp Mwaka (Football For Good Academy, Gulu), Thomas Kakaire (SC Vipers JT), John Kokas Alowo (URA FC JT)
- Forwards: Iddi Abdul Wahid (Onduparaka FC JT), Ivan Asaba (SC Vipers JT), Najib Yoga (Kisozi Seed High School), Owen Mukisa (BUL FC JT)
*Sidelined by MRI Scans: George Oluka (Buddo SS), Elvis Ngonde (KJSSS FC JT) and Joseph Kafumbe (Buddo SS)
- Head coach: Peter Onen
- Assistant Coach: Hamza Lutalo
- Goalkeeping Coach: Mubarak Kiberu
- Team Manager: Bashir Mutyaba
- Kits Manager: Frank Mumpenje
- Team Manager: Emmanuel Nakabago
- Media Officer: Bosco Omaria
CECAFA U-17 Zonal Qualification:
- A: Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Somalia, Sudan
- B: Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Djibouti
Saturday, 11th August:
- Rwanda Vs Sudan – National Stadium
- Tanzania Vs Burundi – National Stadium
Sunday, 12th August:
- South Sudan Vs Djibouti – Chamazi
- Uganda Vs Ethiopia – Chamazi
Monday, 13th August:
- Sudan Vs Somalia – Chamazi
- Burundi Vs Rwanda – Chamazi
Tuesday, 14th August:
- Kenya Vs South Sudan – National Stadium
- Djibouti Vs Ethiopia – National Stadium
Wednesday, 15th August: Rest Day
Thursday, 16th August:
- Somalia Vs Rwanda – National Stadium
- Sudan Vs Tanzania – National Stadium
Friday, 17th August:
- South Sudan Vs Uganda – Chamazi
- Djibouti Vs Kenya – Chamazi
Saturday, 18th August:
- Burundi Vs Sudan – Chamazi
- Tanzania Vs Somalia – Chamazi
Sunday, 19th August:
- Ethiopia Vs South Sudan – National Stadium
- Kenya Vs Uganda – National Stadium
Monday, 20th August: Rest Day
Tuesday, 21st August:
- Somalia Vs Burundi – National Stadium
- Rwanda Vs Tanzania – National Stadium
Wednesday, 22nd August:
- Uganda Vs Djibouti – Chamazi
- Ethiopia Vs Kenya – Chamazi
Thursday, 23rd August: Rest Day
Friday, 24th August:
- Semi- final 1: Winner A Vs Runners up B – National Stadium
- Semi-final 2: Winner B Vs Runners up A – National Stadium
Saturday, 25th August: Rest Day
Sunday, 26th August:
- Third place play off and Final – National Stadium
Monday, 27th August: