2019 Secondary School Games | Girls Football | Match Day Two
- Kawempe Muslim 12- 0 St. Catherine SS, Kiruhura
- Mukono High School 2-1 Panyandoli
- Gaddafi Integrated Academy 1-0 Masaka SS
- Bishop SS Mukono 5-0 St. Jude Vocational
- St. Noa Girls, Zzana 4-1 Biyaya SS
- St. Peter’s High School 0-0 Dynamic SS
- New Horizon, Mukono 0-2 Buhobe SS
- Pride Mixed SS 7-0 Kyamakanda SS
- Five Star 0-6 Olila High School
- Rines SS 1-0 Echoes High School
Traditional giants Kawempe Muslim, Mukono High School and St. Noa sealed their slots in the knockout stage of girls football at the 2019 Secondary Schools on Monday.
In the ongoing games hosted at Mbale SS, the aforementioned trio qualified to the next stage with a game to spare in their respective groups.
At Cricket ground, record champions Kawempe Muslim registered the biggest win at the tournament so far outwitting St. Catherine from Kiruhura district 12-0.
Crested Cranes forward Juliet Nalukenge scored five of the twelve goals with Asia Nakibuuka, Annet Namata and Margaret Kunihira scoring a brace each. The other goal was scored by captain Mariam Nakabugo.
The victory means Kawempe Muslim has six points in two games. The other win (3-0) came against Rines SS on Sunday.
In the same group, Rines won 1-0 against Echoes High School to move to second place.
Kawempe Muslim will take on Echoes High School in their final group game on Tuesday while Rines will face hapless St. Catherine.
Last year’s runners up, Mukono High School needed to come from behind to edge resilient Panyandoli SS winning the game 2-1.
They had won their opening game 11-0 against New Horizon hence confirming their berth in the round of 16.
The 2017 winners will take on Buhobe SS in the final group game at Mbale Municipal stadium while New Horizon will be up against Panyandoli SS.
St. Noa Girls SS, Zzana who had defeated Restore Academy 4-1 on Sunday won with the same scoreline against Biyaya SS in their second game to also qualify with a game to spare in group D.
Group A which is the group of death is still complicated with three teams still vying for the two slots.
Defending champions Gaddafi Integrated Academy won 1-0 against Masaka SS courtesy of Sophia Nakiyingi’s first half penalty.
This elevated them to four points same as leaders Uganda Martyrs High School who obliterated Amugu SS 4-1.
It should be noted that Uganda Martyrs and Gaddafi settled for a goalless draw in the opening game.
Third-placed Masaka SS has three points earned from their 2-0 win against Amugu SS and needs to beat Uganda Martyrs in the final group game to qualify to the next stage.
However, both Masaka SS and Uganda Martyrs have filled petitions against Gaddafi Integrated Academy for using Sophia Nakayingi.
The player in question reportedly played for Kakungulu Memorial School while still in Primary.
- Gaddafi Integrated Vs Amugu SS – 9am
- Masaka SS Vs Uganda Martyrs HS – 9am
- Dynamic SS Vs Kayindu SS – 9am
- Sacred Heart Girls Vs St. Peter’s HS – 9am
- Mukono Bishops SS Vs Kaserem -11 am
- Katuuso Community Vs St. Jude Vocational – 11am
- St. Noa Girls, Zzana Vs Kangole Girls – 11am
- Biyaya Vs Restore Academy – 11am
- Kawempe Muslim Vs Echoes High School -2pm
- Rines SS Vs St. Catherine -2pm
- Olila High School Vs Kyamakanda SS – 2pm
- Pride Mixed SS Vs Five Star, Ntungamo-2pm
- Taggy High School Vs Bugisu High School – 4pm
- King of Kings Vs St. Paul SS -4pm
- Mukono High School Vs Buhobe SS -4pm
- Panyandoli SS Vs New Horizon -4pm