CHAN 2018 Qualifiers
- Saturday, 15th July 2017
- Tanzania Vs Rwanda – CCM Kirumba Stadium, Mwanza
Rwanda national team head coach Antoine Hey has summoned a 22-man squad ahead of the start of 2018 CHAN qualification campaign.
Experienced midfielder Yannick Mukunzi, goalie Olivier Kwizera, defender Djihad Bizimana, former U-20 captain Nshuti Dominique Savio, Kevin Muhire and Ally Nshuti are some of the players summoned.
The team has 3 goalkeepers, 9 defenders, 6 midfielders and 4 forwards.
APR has the biggest number of players on the team (5). Police and AS Kigali share the same number of 4 players apiece as Rayon Sport has 3.
Other clubs that have contributed players are Rayon Sport, Bugesera, Mukura and Pepiniere.
The Amavubi will face Tanzania during the second round, first leg match qualifier scheduled to be played on Saturday 15th July at CCM Kirumba Stadium in Mwanza.
The return leg will be held at the Amahoro national stadium in Kigali after a week.
The winner will face the successful country between Uganda and South Sudan. South Sudan will host the first leg on Friday, 14th July 2017 in Juba.
DR Congo is the defending champion after beating Mali 4-0 in the title match of the 2016 edition held at Amahoro Stadium in Kigali.
Rwanda Amavubi Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Kwizera Olivier (Bugesera Fc), Eric Ndayishimiye (Rayon Sport) and Nzarora Marcel (Police Fc)
- Defenders: Nsabimana Aimable (APR), Imanishimwe Emmanuel (APR), Manzi Thierry (Rayon Sport), Muvandimwe Jean Marie Vianney (Police Fc), Rucogoza Aimable (Bugesera Fc), Bishira Latif (AS Kigali), Kayumba Soter (AS Kigali), Mohamed Mpozembizi (Police Fc) and Eric Iradukunda (AS Kigali).
- Midfielders: Bizimana Djihad (APR), Yannick Mukunzi (APR), Olivier Niyonzima (Rayon Sport), Nshuti Dominique Savio (AS Kigali), Kevin Muhire (Rayon Sport) and Ally Niyonzima (Mukura)
- Strikers: Innocent Nshuti (APR), Justin Mico (Police Fc), Mubumbyi Barnabe (AS Kigali) and Gilbert Mugisha (Pepiniere Fc).